Job Description Position: Men’s Senior Head Coach
Department: High-Performance Program
Reports to: High-Performance Committee
Purpose of the position
Responsible for the development of the Bermuda Cricket Board Senior Men’s Team to produce consistent and winning performances at ICC Americas, Cricket World Challenge League (CWCL), and all ICC T20 levels through the design and delivery of a well-structured and progressive coaching program. Effectively deploy resources and implement tactical initiatives to ensure the achievement of superior match results and top placement in all competitions. Manage the on and off-field development of current and new Players through player development, health, and advanced training programs.
1. The Coach will have responsibility along with the assistant coaches to prepare and implement a high-performance preparation plan for the National Senior Men’s squad. The preparation plan will be reviewed and given oversight by the BCB’s High-Performance Committee from time to time.
2. The primary duties of the Coach shall be to provide the following services to the BCB:
a) Develop, implement, and oversee a comprehensive strategy to advance the National Senior Men’s Team international ranking.
b) Develop and implement training schedules for the National Senior Men’s Team in preparation for Senior team commitments.
c) Develop well planned and innovative team programmes geared at consistently improving overall team performance
d) Plan, organize, direct, and review all National Senior Men’s Team coaching sessions.
e) Design and implement both in-competition and out-of-competition conditioning and skill development programmes.
f) Lead the planning and coordination of practice and training sessions in conjunction with the High-Performance Committee.
g) Conduct pre-game and post-game analysis with the team analyst (i.e., game plans, debriefing) and devise appropriate methods to address findings.
h) Work closely with the High-Performance Committee, Team Manager, Cricket Operations to plan team playing requirements for future tours.
i) Preparation of the Team for matches
j) Produce detailed plans for each National Senior Men’s Team match
k) Produce detailed individual plans for players development, and conduct monthly assessments
l) Present a monthly report to the High-Performance Committee which includes a summary of player activities, (including highlights/concerns)
m) Oversee the National Senior Men’s Team support staff.
The successful post holder will be:
• Preferably, a High-Performance Coach.
• Minimum level 2 with at least 5 years of coaching experience at the Senior Men’s level
• Be willing to be certified to a level 3 coach or High-Performance Coach, within 2 years of assuming the Head coach role.
• Committed to their own personal professional development and play an active role in the professional development of your colleagues.
• Always represent the BCB in a positive and professional manner.
• Ensure the health, safety and welfare of yourself, participants, and others at all times.
• Conduct sessions in accordance with the appropriate BCB guidelines and good practice.
• Take part in other activities as and when required.
• Conform to, actively commit to and promote the BCB values both with internal and external ‘customers’ when using any communication.
• Resilient and energetic to operate in a challenging and high-profile working environment. Experience and Knowledge – Essentials
• Proven ability to operate with professionalism and integrity in challenging situations.
• Excellent planning, coaching, communication, and organizational skills.
• Excellent time management, presentation skills and presents themselves well.
• Self- Motivated with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Current Child Protection SCARS (Safeguarding Young People), First Aid.
• Experience of working in a High-Performance cricket environment.
• A good knowledge of recreational and performance cricket.
This Job Description should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline of areas of major activity and will be amended in light of changing circumstances. If you require further information or would like to be considered for this post, please send your up-to-date CV along with a covering letter explaining your reasons for applying to email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org.