In July and August, the BCB engage youth in a four-week Summer Cricket Clinic as a component of its overall Youth Development Program. The clinic is provided at a subsidized rate and open to all young enthusiastic cricketers between the ages of 7 and 13.
BCB Howzat! Action Summer Cricket Camp
Practical, Skill based Training
- The clinic was designed and directed by Kellie Smith an education teacher with over 17 years of teaching experience.
- Players are divided by age-group and also by skill level. Each morning players have an hour and a half of specific skill building lessons in batting, bowling and fielding.
- Players also take part in fitness sessions which include sessions in the swimming pool.
- Each day the participants have scheduled games amongst themselves to further develop their skills in match play.
- Campers also learn cricket theory and focus on the spirit of cricket
- All our camp coaches are Scars certified, Sunsmart certified and have police checks.
- The Clinic Director is instrumental in maintaining the BCB’s stance on positive behavior and non-bullying and provides education and direction to the camp counselors in order to ensure a safe and positive environment for all players.
- The way in which the activities of the clinic are scheduled ensure a positive and constructive nurturing environment was maintained throughout the camp.
In 2020, the summer camp was sponsored by Argus for week 1 and 2 and our Easter camp sponsor, Chubb for week 3.